Published June 28, 2012
More than 150 TD Bank employees across the state volunteered with nonprofits this month to celebrate the bank’s first year in the state.
“We recognize that giving back to the community is more than just writing a check,” said TD Bank Regional President Rob Hoak. “As we celebrate TD Bank’s first year in South Carolina, we wanted to do our part to give back to people throughout the state and say thank you for banking with us.”
Volunteer events to support nonprofits included:
- Anderson Interfaith Ministries in Anderson: campus cleanup and painting. Clemson University MBA students joined TD Bank employees for this.
- Boys & Girls Club of the Grand Strand in Myrtle Beach: classroom volunteering.
- Boys & Girls Club of the Lowcountry in Hilton Head: summer day camp volunteering and free pizza for staff.
- CARE House of the Pee Dee in Florence: landscaping projects.
- Chris Myers Children’s Place in Lexington: volunteering for activities as needed throughout the day.
- City Park Day Camp in Aiken: camp cleanup and packing supplies for the day.
- Community Garden of Easley: gardening activities in community garden.
- Habitat for Humanity in West Columbia: stocking store shelves and organizing items.
- Hidden Treasure Christian School in Taylors: campus cleanup and painting.
- Hilton Head Recreation Center: summer day camp volunteering.
- Irmo Chapin Rec Center in Columbia: meals services food preparation.
- Pattison’s Academy Charter School in Charleston: summer camp volunteering and clothes donation for Prom for Campers.
- Saluda Shoals Beautification Project in Columbia: park cleanup along Bush River Road.
- Sea Haven for Youth in North Myrtle Beach: landscaping projects.
- Tara Hall Home for Boys in Georgetown: serving lunch and donating baseball caps.
- The Children’s Center at Old Town in Bluffton: painting and facility cleanup.
TD Bank provides nearly 8 million customers with retail, small business and commercial banking products and services at more than 1,280 locations throughout the Northeast, Mid-Atlantic, metro D.C., the Carolinas and Florida.
TD Bank is headquartered in Cherry Hill, N.J. and Portland, Maine.